Thursday, February 17, 2011

Changes, challenges and trusting in God.

I've never been a big fan of change. Possibly it has something to do with my undying passion to build myself to be an individual of stability and a sense of "home"; paired with an instinct to grasp after the moments that are created within a season of life. Whether that is within a home, an age of my kids or an experience that created an ingrained memory in my mind. CHANGE. It's hard. So when that is paired with the need to trust in God when stepping out and believing that he will put all the pieces together... my head seems as if it might just take a moment to stop registering reality.


Our first home is on the market, and we are waiting "patiently" for it to be sold. So the wait before the change. It's amazing how in the midst of your boat being rocked that there is always a little voice that seems to nag at you trying to shake the foundation that you have been so purposeful to allow God to build. A nagging voice that tells you that you can't trust in the steps that God has lead you in. That you don't have what it takes to make the next move towards the goals and passions you have in life.

God's ways never cease to fascinate me. He never leads you in the path of destruction or shame. So why is it that when I let my guard down that is seems like I start to doubt the heart of my father. So like always, as we head down a path of change and uncertainty, I pull out my bible and try to refocus. I was lead to a verse that encouraged me so much.

Psalm 25
(v.1-3)
To you O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous with out excuse.

(v.10-14) All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant. For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity,though it is great. When then is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.

God tells us that he will not put us to shame when we are trusting in him, that he is loving and faithful and that he will bless us with prosperity and our children will inherit what we have built in Gods name.

What a promise.
In light of that I am reminded of another couple verses.

Hebrews 10:35-26 So do not throw away your confidence, it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Putting your faith and trust in God is not a tall order but it does take practise. Don't worry we all get lots of opportunity to practise it. I am in the midst of another one of those lessons.

So I hold on to those verses knowing that God has our back. That his desire is to see us live abundant, joyful, fulfilled lives, however it looks for each of us.

I choose even though I don't "feel it" to trust in God, to see what has begun finished for his glory not ours.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Thanks for sharing! Sounds VERY similar to what I went through a couple years ago with the selling/buying of our home. It was intense and yet I was reminded daily to walk in peace knowing God was in control. Happy walking, Nicole. You truly are an empowered woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I agree with Laura... I can totally relate from our experience. All you need is ONE person (the right one) who God is in the process of bringing to your listing! :) I'm so excited for you guys and look forward to seeing your new place when the time arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And two days later!!! IT'S SOLD!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! He is so faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete