Thursday, November 10, 2011

God is here guiding us.

I look at my world lately... and I am humbled. How did we get here?

Sept.21st. we moved into our new home. We painted it with all the colours that thrill me and bring a feeling of homey comfort. We spent time filling it with pillows that were from dear friends, curtains that contain incredible memories, words that speak blessing over the home and pictures of the years of my girls and the man I love. Most corners are adorned with pretty things that make me smile and remind me of those who are living life with us. I am amazed. We have family that have been with us through thick and thin. Relationships that encourage and challenge and that have hearts to see us continue to be launched forward. We have a church that feeds our spirit and encourages us with the example and the direction on how to live a Godly prospering life.

Today, I was cleaning my bathroom, and I had a revelation. I suddenly became aware of how incredible God is... I know... crazy in the bathroom... washing my floors. Let me back up...

Our first few years of marriage... were at many moments full of bliss... I was married to the man of my dreams and we were filling our lives full of little bundles of pink. But we were struggling. We were going through years of lack. The desperation I felt in my life to be connected to God was as distant as the next few dollars that we needed to buy a loaf of bread. We were making poor decisions, filing our lives with crappy movies, music that burdened the soul. We were forgetting where to find peace. I had settled into the agreement that life will always have hardship and we will always struggle. Then God settled a verse into my hand as out of desperation I poured my heart over His word.

 James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

We were definitely being tested and royally failing at that time. We were relying on our own understanding and will. We found ourselves at a crossroads. We had almost hit the bottom. I had a husband that worked hours and hours away from home days on end, we were dis-unified, I was very pregnant and we had a one year old looking at us to lead her and teach her and we only had pennies and dimes collected that we had found under the cushions of the couch to buy a carton of eggs, bread and milk for the week. We were living in a home that had such an angle on the floor that many things disappeared into the corner including our crawling baby, and it didn't matter how hard and long I cleaned, the film of grit, dirt and rust could never be removed and hidden. We were trying and trying and trying. We were not at peace.

We were broken.

Our family needed God.

We made a decision.

Lord let us learn the best lessons, put us through what we need to go through to get the best results and the most growth. So that we may grow and mature. For not just our sake but for the sake of our children and for those who are in our lives.

We were desperate to change to see God move in our lives.

Within months of us giving our hearts and our wills back to God. We saw him move drastically in our lives. We saw favor in Adam's work. We learned to become better stewards of our money. Of our time. We removed an incredible amount of crap from our lives and what we were letting into our minds and spirits. We put the worship music back on. We allowed those in our lives to challenge our thinking.

... although it only took months to see changes... we have been through years of removing and breaking free of the crud. I know we are only starting to grasp all that God has for us. I still at times have a hard time believing it is all real. Material things like a house, curtains, pillows, the list goes on is just that... things. But as I look around I see Gods incredible faithfulness.... our laying down our pride. Embracing the trials.

Life will continue to throw it's curve balls. But something I am gaining incredible revelation on is... that God wants to bless us in the areas where we can make a difference in others lives. If it is within your home. Believe for it... if it's in that perfect job. He desires to give it to you with lavishing loving arms. If it is with many little foot steps running around your feet giggling...

howmuch more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 
Matthew 7:11

Be encouraged today. Be encouraged to live a life humbled and open to God to show you where you can learn and grown. Be encourage to pray against the agreement that life will always be filled with lack. Be encouraged to pray for the path that brings favor and revelation to your calling.

Be encouraged God loves you!!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sBuajPzBTw&feature=mr_meh&list=AV4oVf-d_DwKAodWpSSUnfJbHd7QOfgmCx&lf=list_related&playnext=0

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment earlier from my phone but it didn't work... trying again... So beautiful! So open, real and inspiring. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete