Monday, August 27, 2012

Fear. By Robyn Raben

Courage and Strength are the two words that come to mind every time I think of this amazing woman Robyn Raben. Robyn and I have known each other since I was around 12 years old. Although over time we have grown a part in distance we have kept in contact over Facebook.

Her topic today is one that I believe everyone needs to hear and know that they are not alone. I think most of us fight fear to some extent. And anyone that has been through something traumatic can agree to the struggle of not allowing fear to claim their lives.

Robyn thank you again for opening up your heart and sharing your testimony. I pray that you continue to gain such an overwhelming revelation of the purpose and future that God has for you and your family. And may you find a peace that over flows like a river over you and your family no matter the circumstances.

Here is a verse that I am passing on to you that someone passed on to me during a hard time.

People with their minds set on you,
you keep completely whole,
Steady on their feet,
because they keep at it and don't quit.
Depend on God and keep at it,
because in the Lord God you have a sure thing.
Isaiah 26:3-4 (msg translation)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 

Fear.
by Robyn Raben


FEAR.  We, as Christians, know we are not to fear, and that God will protect us.  But, why then do I battle with fear/ anxiety/ worry almost daily?  My family has always blamed my grandmother for passing on the “worry gene”.  She was the BIGGEST worrier I had ever met.  But, my issues with fear stemmed deeper.  I have been fighting this spiritual battle even before I knew what a “spiritual battle” was.

When I was seven, my mom was diagnosed with cancer –Lymphoma.  She was given two years to live, and at a young age I had to come to terms with the fact that I would be motherless before my 10th birthday.  We were not Christians at the time, and because of the stress of the situation my parents separated.  My mom moved out thinking that it would help my brother and I learn to be without her.  Like to kind of make her death not quite so hard on us because we wouldn’t be used to having her there all the time.  (I do not recommend this!)  BUT, God had bigger plans.  My parents started seeking the “meaning of life” and this brought them to a place where they knew they needed God.  After about six weeks my parents got back together, and we started looking for a church family.  Life changed drastically and we saw many miracles including the birth of my younger siblings, and a complete healing of my mom through prayer.  (I am not going to go into detail on all the happenings, but could maybe write another blog some other time to share all this).  My mother lived cancer free for five years, and then she was diagnosed with a different strain of Lymphoma.  I was in high school making plans to go to college when the second diagnosis was given.  To make a long story short, and for the sake of keeping on the topic of fear, my mom passed away five years ago.  I was 26 weeks pregnant with my first child and I believe because of the stress and emotional turmoil, I delivered a tiny baby boy @ 36 weeks, and just in time for Mother’s day (God’s timing is perfect)!

Being a mom, I deal with fear all the time - Hoping my boys are healthy, and all the other “natural” things a mother worries about.    Maybe I have a bit more “worry” than the average mom, and I can maybe blame that on my Grandmother.  But, I often am brought to thoughts of cancer.  What if my husband gets cancer, what if my boys get cancer, WHAT IF I GET CANCER???  What would I do???  I have recently had to deal with this straight up.  My mother was diagnosed with cancer the first time, when she turned 30.  And for some crazy reason I had been expecting something to happen to me when I turned 30, also.  This burdened me greatly, and as I was nearing my 30th birthday I had to take a good look at what I was allowing in my heart and mind.  I knew God had the best plan for me, whether I got sick, or lost another family member, or whatever his plan was.  But, I had to work through the fact that I was allowing my mom’s story to over shadow mine.  God had to very clearly tell me (not audible but, I know this was from God) that my mom’s story was not my story, and just because she got cancer at 30, did NOT mean that I would get cancer at 30.   I am pleased to say that as I near my 32nd birthday in the next few months, that I am healthy and I DO NOT have cancer.  I praise God for this!  But, I still deal with fear on a regular basis.  I went to a Christian family camp this summer and the speaker preached on fear, and as you allow it in one part of your life it takes up residence and spreads to other areas.  I know I have given these negative thoughts and “fear” too much of my time and it has taken up too much of my life.  I would get worked up over things that seemed like a big deal to me, but probably not to the next person.  I went up to the front for prayer at camp and kicked that spirit of fear out of my life.  I have to do this almost daily, and I had a test just a couple weeks after returning home from camp.  I noticed two marble sized lumps on one side of my 2 year olds neck.  OH MY GOODNESS!!!  My mind went to the worst possible place.  But, as I prayed for God’s protection and told Satan to take a hike, a peace came over me.  I did take him to the Dr. a couple weeks later, and they said that the lumps have benign features, (which is good) and they have since gone down a bit in size.  So, I thank God for bringing me though this test, and for the health of my family.  I will probably have many more tests to go through, and who knows, one day I may have to deal with my greatest fear head on.  But, I know that whatever it is, God is bigger and he will bring me through.  I just need to stay focused on Him.  Life may not be easy, and things will not be perfect, but life is always sweeter with Jesus.

 
 
 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7





~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ask all of you my Passionate Women to hold up Robyn's two year old in prayer.

We are believing for complete healing and that those two lumps will completely dissolve in Jesus Name and His holy power. -Amen

We pray for it and expect it!!!

Blessings to you Robyn and your family!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're a remarkable woman Robyn. ♥

    ReplyDelete

  2. One thing for sure is that God never changes he is solid he is here with us he surrounds us even when we are going through trials and forget to look up to him he is still there. We at times look at people and think to ourselves....that is a
    solid strong young lady or man without realizing where they have come from. Although I know your story. Time goes by we forget of the struggles of life our fellow sisters and brothers are going through. God bless you Robyn, you are a lovely witness of how through the hardest of times Gods love continues to prevail ♥ Thank you for sharing this blog!!

    ReplyDelete