Under the Same Mission.
- The lionesses; mothers, daughters, granddaughters, hold the land and protect their young.
- Lionesses are all about legacy and land.
- Lions wouldn't dream about doing life with out lionesses.
- The stronger the lionesses the more they are established with strength.
- The Lion dominate other males but NOT other females. The lionesses easily submit when they know they are safe.
- There is no gender issues in the African plane
- God isn't trying to blend the genders.
- He's saying lets celebrate the sexes.
- The addition of women creates health.
Differences were not intended to separate, to alienate. We are different precisely in order to realize our need of one another." Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- It takes healthy men and women to say they need each other. Healthy people getting together flourish.
- We are setting up legacies.
- If you are a true leader you do not feel the need to dominate but to empower others.
- Weak leaders surround themselves with those they can dominate.
- What does submission mean?? UNDER MISSION
- We need to have a mission for our lives, including missions for different seasons.
- We are smarter together than separate.
- We need to get the smart people around us.
- Submission doesn't need to be complicated.
- When you love each other you do it together.
- Marriage is not a power struggle but a power union.
- Stop having a battle of the sexes.
- Don't use strengths against each other, but use those strengths together. That is part of how we proclaim God's mission.
2 Corinthians 5:19-20 (msg)
All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We’re Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God’s work of making things right between them. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you.
- God's mission is to make things right between people.
- We need to represent what God is doing. Not what we think. Drop our opinions.
- When you get involved with what God is doing you get excited.
- Are we preaching a gospel that is persuasive not unconvincing and restrictive.
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 (msg)
1-7 If anyone wants to provide leadership in the church, good! But there are preconditions: A leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and hospitable. He must know what he’s talking about, not be overfond of wine, not pushy but gentle, not thin-skinned, not money-hungry. He must handle his own affairs well, attentive to his own children and having their respect. For if someone is unable to handle his own affairs, how can he take care of God’s church? He must not be a new believer, lest the position go to his head and the Devil trip him up. Outsiders must think well of him, or else the Devil will figure out a way to lure him into his trap.
8-13 The same goes for those who want to be servants in the church: serious, not deceitful, not too free with the bottle, not in it for what they can get out of it. They must be reverent before the mystery of the faith, not using their position to try to run things. Let them prove themselves first. If they show they can do it, take them on. No exceptions are to be made for women—same qualifications: serious, dependable, not sharp-tongued, not overfond of wine. Servants in the church are to be committed to their spouses, attentive to their own children, and diligent in looking after their own affairs. Those who do this servant work will come to be highly respected, a real credit to this Jesus-faith.
- Qualifications would not have been given to women if they were not intended to be part of the leadership of the church.
1 Corinthians 11:10-12 (msg)
10-12 Don’t, by the way, read too much into the differences here between men and women. Neither man nor woman can go it alone or claim priority. Man was created first, as a beautiful shining reflection of God—that is true. But the head on a woman’s body clearly outshines in beauty the head of her “head,” her husband. The first woman came from man, true—but ever since then, every man comes from a woman! And since virtually everything comes from God anyway, let’s quit going through these “who’s first” routines.
1-4 If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.
Forget yourself long enough to lend a helping hand!
What God tells you to do, do it well!!!