Friday, December 28, 2012

When Enough is Enough, Stand. by Amber Williams

I am really not sure where to start... Amber Williams is one of the most beautiful women I have had the pleasure to get to know on a deeper level in the last few months. We have been mutual mom admirers from a distance for a while since we both started going to Koinonia with our families. Both having our 3rd and 4th babies, church shower together I felt a connection to this mother now of 6 awesome kids. I have seen her put her family to a #1 priority time and time again. She has an unconditional love for her husband and an overwhelming desire to see her children come to sense the amazing presence of God in their lives!!! I am blessed to be part of her life and look forward to seeing the path that God continues to guide her in.

Amber your love for God and family is something that overwhelms me to watch! You truly are an amazing woman of God. Blessings to you through every circumstance, trial and blessing!!! Stay on the path that God has set before you!!! God will never leave you or forsake you. You will not be put to shame or forgotten. Daughter of the Lord most High you have a calling and a great purpose for your life. You were not brought here with such a story without a purpose. God turns all thing for those who serve Him to GOOD... not merely a testimony but GOOD!!! Blessings wonderful friend.. I am honoured to consider  you a friend!!!




**********************


When Enough is Enough, Stand.
By Amber Williams

Many of you know a piece of our story as we were part of "Storytime" 2011.  I feel very honored and humbled to be given this opportunity to share a bit more with you today.

I feel inadequate as we are still in the battle, with only a few answers of how to get to the other side.   However, as I touched on a little bit at the end of our Story, whenever I don't know what to do, I stand. 

I stand in the place that God has put me.  I took the responsibility and committed to first of all be a wife till death do us part, through the good and the bad, regardless of how much bad there is.  Second, I stand as a mother, as I took the responsibility to raise six children in a God centered, God fearing home.  No matter how that "looks" day by day. 

I stand in my commitment to God, knowing He is always by my side regardless of what my current circumstances tell me to be true.  And sometimes, when I think He has left me alone to deal with the things I know I cannot bear, He had been the solid rock foundation under my broken and defeated body just simply holding me. Until, I can get up again, and stand in the gap of where He has placed me for the benefit of my children's future, their children's future and for generations to come.  If I choose not to stand in this gap of brokenness, generational sins, and hardships, that simply means that my children will have to.  I am not willing to allow this cycle of defeat to go on for one more generation.  So when I can't stand, I just listen to someone who tells me that God says I can.  I have learned to keep my focus when I want to quit, and it has been my saving grace.  This concept first came to me during “Divine 2009”, in my most crucial times and has been repeated over and over throughout the last few years.

My mom has given me a Joyce Meyers Study Bible and has taped hundreds of her messages.  Also, she has given me books and cds about blessing your spirit by Arthur Burke which I use to continually wash my mind with the word when all I want to do is lay down and surrender.

A read a quote recently during my Life Journal, from Joyce Meyers, it reads: "It is untold what people can do, even people who do not appear to be able to do anything.  I believe God does not usually call people who are "capable".  If He did, He would not get the Glory. He frequently chooses those who in the natural, feel as if they are in completely over their heads, but who are ready to stand up when called and take bold steps of faith as they receive direction from Him.” 

As spiritual a battle as this truly is day by day, it feels like it is anything but.  I have to keep reminding myself that what I see is a physical retaliation of the spiritual realm.  I have a couple of verses on my fridge that I read often to remind myself of this. 

“Do not be afraid, Stand Still, and see the Salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today.  For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.  The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace.”  Ex 14:13-14

“Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” 

I have prayed over and over for years to be delivered from these circumstances, or even for Him to just take me home because I simply can’t endure another day!  However, I always come out of that state of defeat realizing that God is more interested in our spiritual maturity than our circumstances here on earth. As much as He wants to simply change our circumstances, He knows that if we learn to be stable and unchanging, and even have joy in the midst of our hardships, as Paul tells us in Col 1:11, we will not just come out on the other side, but come out with joy and patience, lacking nothing. (James 1:4)

Have I learned to have joy in the midst of all this and speak what I know to be true in His word, rather than what I see? I wish I could say yes.  It is in my head.  It is what I know.  However, I am working on consistently getting it into my mouth and attitude.  I do have moments where I catch myself immediately after a negative word and turn it around, so I know I am growing.

So as messy as it feels at times, as long as I am standing in my God given place, even if that is ALL I CAN DO, I know that the Lord is fighting on my behalf, and I know that the next five years will hold the best that God has for me because I am in obedience to Him and He will carry me through it.

This is me Standing….. through the storm…… no matter how scary……….. I will not jump overboard…… I will make it to the other side. Thank you Jesus!!

2 comments:

  1. AMBER I needed this today... As this week as been a trying time for me.. Thank you fir being open to Gods will and way in your life... This message. You posted has been my reminder Of what I can do through Christ, I CAN stand and know Gos is working fir me me, I can do ALL. Things through Christ who strengthen me PTL...
    Blessing to u and you beautiful family, by the way from what I've seen you are a very strong woman...
    Thanks for sharing beautiful

    ReplyDelete