Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Fairy Tale by Ariana deVries

Well pretty cool to be able to post this!!! Ariana deVries has been in my life for a while now. From her being a young wide eyed teen, wondering what the future had to hold, to a beautiful confident wife and mom!!! It has been a pleasure to see her grow and I am so excited to see the future unravel for her and Scott. Ariana initially wrote a blog for me and I read it... it was good. But there was something that I felt that God had more to speak through her. I felt a pause... so gently I messaged her and told her what I was feeling. Her reaction was another example of a young woman willing to hear God through others and be challenged to dive deeper into what the message that is to be written!!! So this is her revised blog. And I think such a beautiful way of expressing her journey and what God has been doing in her life. We are all imperfect people in an imperfect world but with God our lives can shine of his presence and glory!!! Praise the Lord for the Journey we are all on!!

Ariana. Our relationship has grown from a mentorship to a friendship. And I am blessed to continue living life with you and your lovely family! You are part of our journey, and I love being part of yours. Continue to keep your eyes locked on God embracing the calling you have on your life and the dreams that He is birthing within you!!!




**************************** 



A Fairy Tale
By Ariana deVries
 



Have you ever felt like you didn't have much of a story? Like your life hasn't been bad enough or you haven't gone through enough struggles to feel as though you are someone worth listening to?

Have you ever felt too good? Like you're somehow a confused angel who landed on earth but you don't know it?

Probably not. But then again...maybe you have.

Sometimes, that's how I feel. Absurd. I know.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. Far from it, actually. I just know that for as long as I can remember I've been labelled as the "good kid", "perfect" and "an angel".

I also know that God and I have been buddies since I was 3. We haven't always been super close relationally, but I know He's been right with me and will be, forever.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it.

So. To refute the lies, here is my story. Because I know I have one. It's just a little different.
-----------------------
There once was a sweet, roly-poly little girl.
She had a heart of gold, hair of stunning red, freckles of many shapes and sizes, and a smile to cheer any soul.

When she was 3, she was adopted into a new family. It was the family of a king, and she was now a princess.

But, the little girl didn't know that. All she knew was that she loved this new Daddy very much and wanted to spend the rest of her life loving Him.

The little princess spent many a day in the presence of the king, enjoying his company; laughing with him, crying with him, dancing with him, singing with him, eating with him and simply being loved by him.

As the little girl with red hair and freckles grew older, she sometimes forgot about how much she loved spending time her daddy. She figured she didn't need him for everything anymore.

She was wrong.

One day she was out riding on her beautiful white horse, when she fell and couldn't get back up. She was afraid and did all she knew to do; called for her daddy amongst the tears.

Before long, he was at her side, gently lifting her into his arms. He wrapped her in a warm embrace and told her he would never leave or forsake her. As the princess melted into the king's embrace she realized all pain was gone and she wasn't afraid anymore.

She looked into his eyes and knew without a shadow of doubt, she was loved beyond measure and absolutely nothing would change that.

Several years past and the king's daughter fell in love with a handsome prince. They were married and  soon after welcomed a tiny bundle of joy into their lives.

Though many people said being married and being parents would be tough (and if you don't fight, you're advice is not worth listening to), they knew otherwise, because they spent time in the presence of the king. Their lives were very blessed and their precious baby learned to love the king too.

The beautiful princess never liked to let a day pass where she didn't sit at the feet of her daddy. She was always welcomed, and never felt shame or fear.

And she knew that nothing would separate her from his love.
----------------
As the story goes, some may call this a fairy tale. Others, outrageous. But I like to call it mine.

The family of God. Where all are welcome and no one is denied adoption. Where life is amazing, but not perfect. Where love abounds and grace is lavished.

My name is Ariana deVries and I am the daughter of a King. I am deeply loved and highly favoured.

And I have a story that is still to be continued...
---------------------------
"I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. (Romans 8:39 MSG)
 
 
*****************
 
If you have any questions on how to find God, or how to embrace a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. Please Email me at nicoleandadam@hotmail.com I would love to be able to pray with you and express the heart of our father and His desire for your life. Love, Nicole


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully and uniquely yours, Ariana DeVries...Thank you.

    ReplyDelete