Friday, March 22, 2013

Freedom Friday:Let Go and let God! by Laura Verbeek


Today for Freedom Friday I am going to welcome Laura Verbeek, a 14 year old with such beautiful depth!! Enjoy!!!



Let Go and let God!
By Laura Verbeek
 

These past few months have been crazy, like I mean crazy! I have had a lot of obstacles in my way, and have been challenged like never before. Through a new friendship, I started to realize how insecure I was. I think all of us have struggled with this at some point. I realized I had a major case of Atelphobia, the fear of not being good enough. These waters were mostly new to me, because I had always been the confident, not afraid of what other people thought kind of person. Suddenly I was wrapped with different insecurities. I found myself looking for so many ways to be accepted. People knew I loved compliments, so they would try to cheer me up by complimenting me, sometimes it made me smile! But I brushed it off, because I didn’t believe those words for myself. Have you ever heard of the saying…you are your own worst bully? Yes, that was the case for me! I would constantly put myself down, by thinking negative thoughts about myself. I found, that sometimes in class, they would ask a question and I said the answer in my head, but never out loud because I was too afraid to get it wrong. My insecurity started out with a few small things, and started to grow. Tremendously. I then realized that my insecurities were affecting my relationships as well. I would put myself down so much. What friend wants to hear all the bad things their friends do and are? Especially if they believe they are a great awesome person! I noticed some of the friendships I valued with all my heart were going down the drain. The people I valued so much, started backing off. Who wants to be around a Debbie Downer? It was just recently that I started self-reflecting on my insecurity. I realized, this whole time I had been relying on my own strength to get me through the obstacles I needed to overcome. And everything in my life, just kept getting worse and worse. At one point, I had a little tug at my heart. In my mind I saw a picture, of God watching me from up above…there I was struggling to breathe and stay up afloat, so he said I’m here for you I want to help you!” And I just put up my hand and said “No God, I can do this see?” I realized that I had put up a wall, I wanted to do everything myself! And I think that when I finally decided to let go and let God and allow that to happen, I became a lot more successful than I could have done if I had planned it all myself.

 



~ Lord, help us to let go. Help us to let God fill our needs. For we know you will never leave a void. Thank you for your presence of love and wisdom is ever nurturing to our souls. Thank you for working through every circumstance. As we choose to let go and trust God, everything is transformed—yes, everything—into a blessing. I know you will continuously makes dark places light, rough places smooth, crooked places straight, and empty places full—full of loving-kindness and abundance of joy.Thank you for always being there for me.~

    4 comments:

    1. wow thats beautiful

      ReplyDelete
    2. Alliumphobia is what I suffer from, it is extremely difficult to live with.

      ReplyDelete