Monday, March 18, 2013

Meditation Monday: The Holy Spirit


Well that was a pretty difficult weekend.

Can we all just be real for a moment and say... when things are what they are!! Well I had a crappy weekend. :) (smiley face... for my sake ... more than yours...)

So meditation Monday... man. It seems as though I have lost my focus in the midst of a fog. Now, I am trying to find my way out of it.... slowly...

I got challenged last night by... of course my hubby... and you know sometimes it just really ticks me off when he is right... but then I come down off of my high horse and get some good sleep. Then in the morning with a coffee in hand... I have the ability to chew on what he said a bit more.

Here's the picture... I was sick over the weekend. Which just so happened to land on a weekend that Adam had been gone away super busy. When he got home late on Sunday night I was totally not in the mood to talk. Adam started asking a few questions that didn't get a great response (sorry babe) then he paused and turned to me and asked how I have been keeping my mind. MAN! That really bothered me... I felt like saying... "Well it's pretty hard to have a good attitude when your head is in the toilet all day!!!"

Well thank the Lord I didn't say that... because I would now be picking my words off of the ground and apologizing for such a crumby response. Instead, I just headed to bed. (I totally admit, that may not have been the best response either... but it was the best I had at the moment.)

Now I am sitting here thinking about what he had to say... and it's so much easier not in the moment to have a good attitude and listen to the correction. Also helps to be feeling a bit better!!!


What I was going to say today makes me giggle now thinking about it... because, if I had been putting into practise what God had been speaking to my heart... this all may not have been the mini drama it was.

I was going to talk about the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. LOL LOL.

Let me paint you another picture. About a week or so ago Adam told me about a conversation he had with a friend of ours about the Holy Spirit. They talked about how the Holy Spirit is depicted in the bible as a dove.  Adam then started to talk about the nature of the dove and how it gets spooked easily, and flys off at the slightest of movements. We chatted for a bit about that and what it means for our lives and the importance of treading lightly. We then started talking about the responsibility of a lifestyle that welcomes the presence of the Holy Spirit to be with us. Adam relayed a story about a dad who was teaching his kids how to physically walk in such a manner that gently allows that Dove to sit on their shoulders, so that they can bring the presence of the Holy Spirit with them into a restaurant. How would those kids walk... how would they hold their posture? They would stand up straight... right... with gentle step by step movements. I can totally see those kids walking now...

What a beautiful thought.
So How do I bring that into moments that are less then ideal? How do I walk with the presence of the Holy Spirit. Even through moments of sickness and when my guard is down...

I guess that is where I am at... and what I am thinking on... O O... meditating on (wink wink)
I am going to be really praying about that. I am going to welcome the Holy Spirit to be with me during today. May I speak and go about my day sensitive to allow His presence to impact all my thoughts and actions. May my words come out tender and with love. May my movements in the physical and spiritual realm be gentle and not harsh towards those around me.

I was reading in Luke 3 today... this:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5 Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6 And all people will see God’s salvation.’”

If we are walking with the Spirit of the Lord with us... God will prepare the way... he will make all the paths straight, he will fill every valley in and pull the mountains low... he will make all those seemingly crooked roads straight and smooth!! That is the promise that I have from allowing Jesus Christ to be a part of my life...

then a bit later in the chapter you read:

21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

When we are living in such a way that God is pleased... He allows the Holy Spirit to descend on us from heaven...

That is what I want my life to look like...

A straight and narrow path that is lead by the Holy Spirit.. until I hear the Lord say... You are my daughter whom I love, with you I am well pleased!!!

~ Lord help us to live in such a way that we are sensitive to the presence of the Holy Spirit. May we not allow circumstances around us take our focus away and create in us a negative attitude! May we ask to the Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us through every moment!!~


Have an incredible week dear friends!!!
Lots of love
Nicole

1 comment: