Monday, March 25, 2013
Meditation Monday: Message recap from Wednesday
Last Wednesday I had the privilege of talking to a group of about 13 wonderful young women!!
It was amazing to sit down and hear where they are at what they are going through!! I was so pleasantly encouraged with the depth we got to by the end of the night!!
I thought I would spend today re-capping some of the points we discussed!!
1. God has never and will never be disappointed in you.
- Disappointment is an unfulfilled expectation. Meaning you expected one thing and something else happened, therefore you’re disappointed with the actual result.
In order for God to be disappointed, then He would of had to of been surprised by your actions… and not have expected them!
But that can’t be true, because God is all knowing. He knew every action you would take, and every sinful act you would commit the moment he died for them ALL on that cross over 2,000 years ago…
So when you sin today, you can in no way disappoint God!(http://greatchristianlife.com/god-is-not-disappointed-when-you-do-wrong)
2. God is always with you!!!
-We need to remember that we don't have to ask God to come into our presence... God is always with us. When we pray... lets thank God for being with us and to help us to be open enough to feel Him, instead of asking Him to be near!
3. Nothing you do will surprise God!!!
- God is ever present and all knowing! Jesus already paid the price for our sins... all sins...even the ones that you are going to do!!!
- "The father's attitude toward us in our sin is, "It's all right. But I need you to trust me, and I need you to hear me. We're going to be Ok. We're going to make it through this. I can win with any hand that's dealt to me. You're on my side and I'm on your side. We'll pick up that which the devil meant for evil and turn it around, and because of that I want you to come to Me in the midst of your failure. I'm not mad. I got really mad one time and I poured out all my wrath and punishment for sin on the Lamb that I supplied, because He's the only One that could handle it! " (Danny Silk)
4. God's plan right from the beginning was the gift of freedom.
- With out the freedom to choose, we wouldn't have the ability to love.
- Heaven is not trying to control your life. God doesn't want to control you. Remember, in the presence of the Lord there is freedom, not control (2 Cor. 3:17) We have been given a Spirit of power, love, and self-control (2 Tim. 1:7) (Danny Silk)
- Your parents are given the authority to help guide, correct and help you to grow into an incredible person. But you have the freedom to choose whether you will submit to that or not. To take their advice or throw it away. But ultimately you have the freedom to do so.
5. With that freedom is the responsibility to know that life is not just about you!!!
- So when you sin, your sins will have a reaction, one that will most likely hurt you or the people around you. God knows this and wants to protect you, that’s why He wants to keep you away from sin. This is the meaning of the verse, “you will reap what you sow…”
So the idea then that you disappoint God when you sin is simply a LIE that the enemy wants you to believe to keep you focused on yourself, your behavior and your “sins” so that you can’t focus on Christ in you and your father God above. !(http://greatchristianlife.com/god-is-not-disappointed-when-you-do-wrong)
- The greatest thing that you can do in your life as a teen and young adult is to practice selflessness. It will set you up for sucess in all areas of your life!!!