Thursday, March 28, 2013

Throw Back Thursday: The Healing



I believe God can put a message on your heart in such a timely moment. So I write this knowing God lead me to put these words down. I pray for those who this message reaches, may my tender heart speak to yours. I understand your loss. I am with you in spirit and in prayer. And I pray that a beautiful healing will come from knowing that God is always faithful.

God is always faithful. Adam said something to me fairly recently that has been rolling around in my head over and over and over again. "Truth is truth!" If God says He is faithful. HE IS FAITHFUL. Through the good times and the bad times. Through the moments when we rejoice to the moments when we weep. He is always present. God wants the best for our lives. He wants to heal us. Truth is truth! So then truth will supersede circumstances! What a difficult thing to try to process at times.

A dear friend of mine sent this verse to me three years ago last December when we were told that we had lost our little babe.


Zephaniah 3:17

The Message (MSG)

God Is Present Among You

16-17 Jerusalem will be told:
“Don’t be afraid.
Dear Zion,
don’t despair.
Your God is present among you,
a strong Warrior there to save you.
Happy to have you back, he’ll calm you with his love
and delight you with his songs.



She wrote this verse in response to reading a note that I had made on Face book to announce our loss.


******

The healing.

by Nicole Brodrecht (Notes) on Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 2:23pm
 
I know every woman heals in different ways when going through the loss of a baby. My desire is to express my heart through words in a way that soothes my spirit.

I am so desperate to believe that there is a purpose to the loss of our little one. So my heart cries to be used to be heard and to be healed.

Miracle was not born. But I know she had a purpose. It was a miracle that she was conceived and although her little body was unable to live with us I have the inner peace to know that she will be with God. I know that our time here is only temporary. That there is something more than this life. And in the eternity of living life with God I know I will see her. I will get to hold her. I will get to love her. My heart desperately aches to be able to touch her now, but I know I will. I choose to believe that her life was not in vain. I choose to listen to Gods words to me to see His love and comfort over me to bring me continuous peace as I grieve and as Adam grieves. I choose to stop and listen. To press in to the purpose that He has for me, for my wonderful husband and for my children that are with me here.

I never thought that I would have to feel this type of pain. To have to understand the feelings of losing a child. In this I have a new overwhelming respect for all those who have gone through the loss of their baby. You women...your strength has been my strength, your story is now my story. I cry and I hold your hand blessed that we have been given the opportunity to walk through this together. To feel each others pain. If only for that. I am thankful. I know our children have a purpose each and everyone of them whether here with us or not and I choose to use this experience to prove that God's love is so strong that it pours over us in the midst of every tear and ache.

Life is not perfect it's full of hurt. It's full of confusing overwhelming pain. But God has told us over and over that He is here. The God who created us is still the God that holds us. He didn't create pain, He doesn't give us tragedy, or death or sickness. His plan was for us to live in beautiful perfect harmony with Him with out death. But we are here on an earth that isn't perfect, that has sin, sickness and death. Even though hurt does exist, He is still our promise and gives us the strength to get through every darkened moment. If I choose, His living water will pour over me, soothing my pain.

So I choose.

My broken heart will heal.
**********
During the miscarriage I can genuinely say that God was close to me. He spoke to my heart and he helped me through the ache of my soul. He brought me to a beautiful website that took away my fear and talked about using the experience as a way of grieving the lost through birthing the baby. I then chose a new perspective on every cramp and pain that I felt for those two days. I was birthing my baby. I was giving myself to experience. I was willing to have conceived this little one then through tears willing to give her back up to God. He spoke love and value over my life. He showed me how my little one was loved so much that he knew when to bring her home. He knew that her life was intended to be with Him and not in pain here on earth. That brought me a peace. Those moments were special, precious and dear. Feeling the presence of the Lord covering my broken body and spirit. The Holy Spirit hovered over me soothing me with worship and singing. I played a song over and over again.
(http://grooveshark.com/s/Hold+My+Heart+Acoustic/2IKZYs?src=5)

I cried and I prayed and I bled. And I healed.
 
He did bring me through. He was faithful. Even in the hardest moment I have experienced.
 
 
Now I look at my two year old, an absolute joy to our lives and I am thankful for Gods plan. Even though I don't understand it... He is faithful. I can't imagine not having gone through that experience now. The depth of relationship that I gained was a gift that I got from our little Miracle. I know now that through His strength I can get through anything.
 
 
 
 
~ Lord I pray for those who have experience or who may encounter the loss of a baby. May we not live in fear but lean on Your strength and understanding. Every conception is a miracle and we thank you for having given us the opportunity to fill the heavens with our little ones. I pray that our hearts will heal and you will see us through each darkened moment that we may encounter. May you sing praises over us calming our spirit!~
 
 






3 comments:

  1. beautiful nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her life has incredible meaning and purpose because of the beautiful way you have allowed God to touch and heal your heart and in turn bring healing to others' experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen this? This song has so touched my life. In how God does not allow any experience or hurt or struggle to be wasted. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnBhtbATag

    ReplyDelete