Monday, April 8, 2013

Meditation Monday: Rest


Lots of things on my mind lately.

But the biggest thing is rest. Not physical rest but the rest that comes from being completely at peace. A rest that brings a joy and with that joy a strength.

I desire to be a woman of strength. Not in my own doing, but the supernatural kind that shines forth beyond my life.

I desire to be a mother who is a blessing to my family. With a positive outlook beyond the natural.

I desire to be a wife who supports my husband in all things, through all things and despite all things.


"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever." Psalm 23:26

When I'm in God's presence, it's not that the problems go away, but that I have a heavenly outlook  and understand that God has it all under control.


"John 4:35 "Lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest." If we are looking up, we will see it the way God sees it. And God has an answer for everything." Beni Johnson

When I am not looking to myself to answer my problems or to somehow find peace in my own pressing in of will. I can rest. I can rest in the confidence of Christ!

"I know when I am really in that place where I feel completely connected to God because I have an instant peace. When I am in that place, it feels as though everything makes sense and becomes "centered" in an instant. In that place, I experience a peace and warmth that could be described as nothing but truly divine. It is almost saying "ahhhh" in my spirit, soul, and body. There is nothing on earth that is like that feeling. It is pure ecstasy." Beni Johnson.


Be encouraged today to go find time. Go find time to be with God. One on one. Pray, listen, write what he places into your heart. Be at rest my friends!!!


~Lord may my relationship continue to grow in you. May my rest, peace and strength be found in you. Thank you that in life I have no worries. But in relationship with you I have a pure confidence. I rest in your word that says "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."~





No comments:

Post a Comment